Monday, March 30, 2009

~ annyong~

It’s already about 4 days since I’ve reached Korea. It’s pretty easy to get internet connection, but due to some error, my room IP address isn’t listed in the guide book, so, it took us a while to get in touch back to the internet world. And the connection here is super fast ^^. But then, everything on the net is almost all Korean, even blog itself, yahoo, google. Its getting on my nerves!!


1st of all, I want to thank all my friends back in Malaysia for making a memorable farewell moment for me. I’m very thankful till no words can describe it. I just can say that I’m lucky. Not just for getting the scholarship, but to meet a bunch of friends like you guys. ><~ . I’m missing all of you all already..><~



It took approximately about 6 hours from Malaysia to fly to Korea. Since my university ( chon nam university) is located in Kwangju ( a province below Seoul) , it took me another 4-5 hours bus ride from Inchon airport to chon nam. Gah, 10 hours journey, very very tiring. The season here is just early spring, and once we come out from the airport, we are freezing like crazy. I’ve always thought that its gonna be summer soon, so I wasn’t prepared . It was below 10 degree at that moment. If this kind of weather already almost freeze us scholar to death, imagine what will happen in winter. = =

1- r&r ( while on the bus to kwangju)

2- little cute toilet for chilldren in r&r

3- even number-floor lift


There’s a Bangladesh guy who volunteer to pick us up from the Kwangju bus station and guide us back to our university. Then , we meet the university international student admistrator and she brought us around and complete our registration ,eg make bank book, do medical checkup ( gosh, they even do blood testingà I hate needle……and even half body x-ray) .

Although Kwangju isn’t the big city, it’s isn’t ‘ulu’ either. There is no farm or anything, just slightly less busy compare to Seoul. They even say Kwangju have the best food in whole Korea. ^^. And the living expenses here are really low. ( like, those starbucks kind of coffee is like 2500 won, approx 6-7 ringgit).So I can save more money to travel around, even can save some money back to Malaysia next year.


My dorm room is pretty clean and neat. Not very big, but the space is sufficient for me and my roommate to move around. Thank god the room have the temperature control, so we always set the temperature to 28 degree Celsius, make it warm and comfy.

1&2 -dormitary block

3- my room


We have the ironing area on each floor, and laundry room on the lowest floor ( but need to pay bout 100-500 won). Chon nam uni is very big, until today , I haven’t tour finish my whole uni.


our dorm central area ( they have cafe, restaurants , cybercafe , stationary shop, hair salon, butique, etc)

the last pic is the cafeteria



The hostel and cafeteria is also very high-tech, we need to enter our ID then our finger print to enter them. . And , hahaha, its so cold outside that we leave our drinks we bought outside the balcony ^^


our fridge




Since orientation is on Thursday, while our class will start on ‘only- god-knows-when’, we are pretty bored and free to linger around. We tried to explore the shops behind our uni, and found some pretty interesting shops. Its like the back lane , having many many ‘cabang’ of roads, then , those uphills and downhills just like korean drama, mix of shops, residential area , church, etc in the same row. So the view is pretty contrast .



1&4 - its early spring, flower is blooming....

2- cute little doggy i found in the university...

others- random views






1- 2500 won coffee
2-very nice decorated coffee bean
3-uphill just like korean drama
4- another random nice shop
5- cute korean kids on the walkway


thats all for now, my laptop battery is running low ( darm, the adapter i bought doest fit in their bloody socket..><)...i'll update soon~^^

No comments: