Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comic Fiesta 08' post, late by a month or so

Close friends of mine can easily tell you how crazed am I about Anime and Manga. Even my parents can attest to that. And ever since I grazed(graze points ftw yey random inhouse joke gg -_-) the SPM examinations, I been wanting to go to the numerous anime convention organized. However, as luck has it, I was not able to attend last year's MMU's GACC. And then there was another anime/manga convention I missed because TARC hates me. However, when Comic Fiesta '08 was in town, and with everything going smoothly at that time, nothing seems to be able to stop me from experiencing my first convention experience.

There isn't much to say about comic fiesta. It's what I expected to be - doujins' , cosplayers' , games' , loads of fun . Beforehand, I thought that I would be see tons of Naruto cosplayers at the scene, but to my (delightful) surprise, cosplay in Malaysia has taken another step forward. You can even count the numbers of Naruto cosplayer with one hand. Malaysian cosplayers seems to have became more "mainstream" lately. There were some Macross, Gintama, Katekyou Hitman Reborn, one damn cute Kyon from Bleach, one Dr.Octopus, Nemesis from Resident Evil, FF characters and TOUHOU.

YES THERE WAS A FEW TOUHOU COSPLAYERS AROUND!!!And just when I thought that I will never get to see a Touhou cosplayer in 2008. They were manning their doujin stores when I saw them. Liyuen wasn't there at the moment so I couldn't take any pictures. And when I saw them again with Liyuen, gg-ness ensured?






























*OMG RAN YAKUMOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~*



Glad to have been able to meet you two. =)

And then there was the figurine section. There was hundreds of figurine on display on CF'08. Let's just make an assumption that each figurine costs a hundred bucks. And there was around 100 of them? 100 x 100 = RM 10 000. By the way, RM 100 is grotesquely underpriced for a figurine of that quality. Heck, there was even some limited editon figurines there that I may never get my hands on in my lifetime.

Examples from the figure mall
















Tamaki from Bamboo Blade (?)

















Al-Azif from Demon Bane

















The tag in the picture says Yagami Hayate. Never seen her before but the figurine is darn nice.













Chidori Kaname and Testarossa from Full Metal Panic!...when's the next season coming out??
















Tsukasa sisters (who held 1st and 2nd at the recently concluded Saimoe tourney)
Secret to winning Saimoe Tournament - pray more =D









































































Characters from Key's games, 2 from Kanon and 2 from Little!Busters.



















Caren Ostensia, my favourite Fate character. When's Hollow Ataraxia anime coming out~~~ >.<

















Misaka from To Aru series




















Suzumiya Haruhi



















Yuki Nagato
*There is a new Suzumiya Haruhi anime coming in the near future! Cheers!*















Lucky Star + Hatsune Miku

There's more pictures....buy methinks its enough.

Anyhow, I didn't watch the emcee duo cracking their sick evil jokes on the first day, but I watched the 2nd day, and boy was they wicked. Wickedly Humorous! Their jokes were funny imho, and the games they make people play was.....there's no word to describe it. And one of the emcee ( Alfred if im not mistaken) wore a skirt! Gosh, either you love them, or hate them, and I'm definitely one of the former. What anime/manga conv would be complete without cosplay tournament, but my memory of the cosplay tournament from that fateful day has gone blurry at best. Long story short, the top ten cosplayers have to perform something on the stage, and judges would rate 'em all. Here's the result (again, the authenticity of the result is ambiguous at best) Cosplay Honorary Mention
yuna - FF X
nemesis - Resident Evil

Cosplay Best in the Hall
Ashura - RG Veda

Cosplay Group Best
D.Gray Man

Cosplay Best
Sheryl - Macross Frontier (and sing she could, as she has sung several Macross songs, ALL-IN-JAPANESE. Marvel at Sheryl, and the cosplayer's brilliant radience)



















































*too far away for any decent pictures i guess*



















Katamari - Didn't win but this is great.


Here's what I bought from CF:






















































Alas, I'll admit, my passion for writing has gone down a few notches lately. Wonder if it's because I feel that I didn't do so well for my examinations, or was it because I couldn't play Touhou recently? Wonder why my ubuntu wine couldn't support touhou. sigh

Well, that's all. Be seeing you in CF'09

No comments: