Sunday, January 11, 2009

Digimon..Evolve!!!

Fervent readers of this blog, and fans of Wai Hong(numbering from zero to...zero) might have read his nostalgic post. Power Rangers might be nice and all, but I seem to have lost most of my memories watching Power Rangers and/or Ultraman. I dunnoe, maybe it just shows that Wai Hong has a mighty powerful brain to be able to remembers the shows he watch when we're just a kid. I shall admit, I remember Power Ranger and Ultraman, and Kamen Riders for all who might care, but herein lies the difference between me and Wai Hong. He remembers every small details, while I can only remember that the hero fight,struggle, and finally defeats the enemy, and repeat the formula for every episode.

Maybe I was still young at that time. But I don't think that's the main reason. I daresay that its because of games. Remember Digimon? or Pokemon? That's what I'm talking about. But today, I shall talk about Digimon. I remember going to Sean's place to play the Digimon game with Cm, Sw, Daniel, and one guy named Ivan if I'm not mistaken. And then there's Quek and Hor. But enough about old memories, the spotlight's on Digimon.

Digimon, I've never played DW1, but for me, Digimon World 2(DW2) kicks ass. It is certainly one of the best game ever to have come out on the PSX. The sheer complexity in the digivolution was overwhelming, and captivating. You can DNAdigivolve left and right, and obtain different Digimons. And the leveling systems means that you MUST DNA digivolve to be able to level up further.

Let's talk a little bit about history shall we. According to the ever trustworthy Google and increasingly trustworthy Wikipedia, Digimon Adventure came out on 1999. Yup, that one with TaiChi(Tai in the NTV7 version) and Yamato(Matt in NTV7). But NTV7 only showcast Digimon during my late primary years, early secondary years. While I played Digimon around Standard 3 or 4 of my primary school. Confusing, innit? Well, to sum it all up, I played Digimon World 2 before Digimon Adventure ever graced my eyes.

And then liffe goes on, and I started growing up physically....let's not dwell too much on the mental side, ok? Anyhow, last year, 2008, I got my PSP, and then i found out that PSP can play PSX games! And guess what PSX game I input on my PSP?

Anyhow, gotta run. Need to watch Digimon Adventure.


.
.
.


XD

No comments: