Monday, November 24, 2008

University College Act

Anyone has any idea what is the aforementioned act all about? Yup, its an Act or Akta in Malay, whichever you prefers, that ensures and enforces that all and any college students/varsities are not to be touching, speaking, voicing out, debating, discussing, writing, video making, broadcasting, cognizance any, I repeat, ANY political news, information, notification, propaganda and the likes. Even today, my ever-so-kind Chemical lecturer for two semesters, Mr. Ng, advises us not to be involved in any political shenanigans whatsoever, because we as a student are not suppose to partake in anything of the likes.

I suppose its true, and thanks for the advice. Yup, I agree, wholeheartedly, that student per se should not be involved in politics. Heck, I'll advise any clear-minded students to stay at least a few miles away from political involvement. Or, to quote -if I'm not mistaken- Eric Cartmen from South Park, "won't touch that with a 50-foot pole". Stay clear.

However, do not get me wrong. I will still be actively following Malaysia's political scenes, and expect more articles of this sort to continue in the near future. But student should stay clear. Contradicting myself, eh? Not really. In my dictionary. students are those who studies in the primary and secondary tier of education. Third tier and higher are regarded ass scholars, if I may. This is because scholars have already passed their tweens, and their teens years, entering adulthood. Long-winded, I know I am. Right, here's the gist then. Those above the age of 18, in my opinion, are able to take care of themselves, and should be exposed more to the adult world, and not to be sheltered and cocooned(or in the political scene, lied to by UMNO).

We are already reaching adulthood. And barring accidents or incidents, we will be voting in the near future, and by near, I meant a few years. Not dozen, not several, but only in a few years. So, shouldn't we be more conscious of the party we're going to vote in the future? Case in point, when I was small, I thought BN was the champion for justice(I seldom watch Power Rangers, you see). BN will fight for our cause. How idiotic I felt I was back then. But who am I to blame, there are no souce of information telling me about BN's worthlessness and their corrupt nature. I grew up believing PAS was evil, DAP was evil. And BN's propaganda and brainwashing might have succeeded was it not for Raja Petra, affectionately known as Pete or RPK.

And I could go on and on about BN's "deeds" which I have learned from the alternative media but more-important-and-trustworthy-than-mainstream-media, the almighty Internet. And before I started to ramble about Mahathir and his goons, and Mahathir alone might warrant a long report from me, I better close off now, and enjoy my sleep while I can.

Lights off people, and I bid you a goodnight.

No comments: