Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yoga...

First up, the yoga exercises which was meant to Improve our health!!!!

I already knew there was an uproar recently regarding practising yoga yah dah yah dah yah dah harm your Islamic spirituality. I must admit, the moment I heard that news - around two weeks ago - I frowned. How could any idiot say that yoga's harming your friggin' mind?

Then the big bang. Today, I picked up the newspaper at "Seven Star Restaurant", and there it was. Front page and all. "Fatwa banned Yoga" or something along that line. Who in heaven ever thought that yoga harms your mind.

Heck, I know throngs of people that does yoga everyday, and does that make them more "Hindu"? or does practising tai chi makes you more "Chinese"? or maybe karate and "Japan"? So, does that means I violated my nationality by not practising some Malaysia martial arts, but opted for Karate-do during my secondary school?

Lately, I've been cramming Tamadun Islam notes into my brain for the test. Anyway, heres among the "5 sifats", which states that Islam do not rid of old values, just old values that are not good. So, yoga ===> health. Is that bad? Then, there's the "9 agen" of Islam, among which states that the "Kebijaksanaan or Ijtihad" where the ulamas' are the ones that are tasked with incorparating Islam with the modern world. That is, they are responsible to ensure the "halal-ness" of new things.

Sure doesn't make Islam look appealing with the latest fatwa, innit?

No comments: