Wednesday, December 10, 2008

EMO Day

Today was a busy day. No wait, scrap that. Busy would be an understatement of what happened to me today. Today was actually "a hectic, hustle and bustle plus brimming with activity" type of day.

In any case, if you haven't read my interview on Low Vincent, the lucky Garena winner, please do so by scrolling to the article below this. I apologize for the unsystematic way of article posting. To readers, it is mostly inconvenient to read something that happened just now, and then reading something that happened earlier today. I, too, would be confused. Chronological posting of articles, by right, should be the priority. Yet, the human mind does not work that way. We remember to do things that we just thought up, instead of doing things in the back of our to-do-list. That's the reason for me posting Low's article first, before posting this one. My bad.

Anyway, I digress. Allow me to get back to the reason I posted this. Today, I had to wake up early in the morning, because my English teacher would like me to help her take a laptop and projector from the EMSD office, as today is my group's English presentation day. 6 out of our 9 groups will be presenting today. Anyhow, I woke up at 7.00 in the morning, crawled on my bed till 7.30, and began preparing for the day until around 7.50 a.m. I reached school around 7.55,saw Zhen Hao's bright face and rushed to the EMSD office, thinking I might be late.

Upon arriving, I saw Jamie there, in a beautiful dress, as captivating as she is, waiting for our lecturer's appearance tentatively. Well, guess I'm not the only one late. So we waited for her, and while waiting, I saw a lecturer gazing at us and smiled. I replied his gesture, but in my mind, I wondered to myself, do I look that weird today? Our lecturer arrived in due time, but not without her laments that she shouldn't have went to PJ, and some other stuff that I couldn't remember.

We went up to the lab, and I have to help her carry a projector (or was it a laptop?) all the way from Q block to the K block. Jamie took the other component. If you think that was tough, read on.

So, 3 groups presented in the morning session, which was the Mango-Mika pair, Alice-Penguin pair, and Jamie-Mei Yan pair. I shall not dwell further on their presentation, as it is unethical to simply write about something without the party's consent, no matter how truthful my article was. My dear Home Minister taught me that valuable lesson. But the very least I could tell you is that M-M pair presented about plastic surgery, A-P pair on Biometric devices, and J-M about music. For the morning session, my lecturer's comment mirrored my thoughts. But allow me to allucidate, I thought the first group done quite well, considering they were the first pair, the second group presented a quite interesting topic, while the third was, if I may, like music to my ears.

After that class, we had a four hour break, in which quite a few number of us went back home to change, and the rest of us had our lunch at Canteen 1. I shant talk about the food there for today, it is a story for another time. After our lunch, we went our separate ways - some of us to Jusco, several of us went to the discussion room, and I headed to the library. Upon arriving, I read a bit on my presentation notes, before making my way to the "Literature" floor in the library to get my hands on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "A Study in Scarlet", in which the famous detective Sherlock Holmes first appeared. Suffice to say, Sherlock was clearly a great mind. Yes, I know he is but a fictional character in a novel, but tell that to the throngs of Sherlockians worldwide!

Around 12.30, I met Zhen Hao and Keng Lung at the library, and we proceeded to the "Bio Chem" floor, they reading and scanning the available Biology books, studying and preparing for tomorrow's test, while I re-wrote all my presentation notes on smaller pieces of paper. Then, around 1.45p.m, we packed up our things, and left the library for Q block, where once again, me and Jamie, plus Zhen Hao and Keng Lung waited for the projector and laptop.

Here's the fun part. When we obtained the projector and laptop, we leisurely made our way to the classroom, at H212. However, at the classroom, something was amiss. The projector's acting up. It won't display anything! Input - nothing. None, nah, without a thing! I tried playing around the projector amidst the dropping rain, so does other people, but nothing works. I was then commanded to follow the lecturer to bring the projector to the Q block to be changed. And after the projector was changed, I had to run, yes RUN all the way from Q block back to the H block, AGAIN. And this is not a challenge to me, unless I injured my back which at one point in my life made me extremely emo, and even thought of life as a paralyzed,good-for-nothing "vegetable."

Anyhow, I was better nowadays, though not as good as I used to be. So there was no imminent danger in me running a distance to the H block. As usual, we played around with the projector, and this time, it worked! So without wasting time, Kang Ning-Mei Fang presented their "artificial organs" presentation, which was quite informative. Next, Chun Kiat-Chen Lam did their "First Aid Unit" topic, which was quite fun, because they actually showed us first-hand the various First Aid techniques.

Then, as I feared, the lecturer told us there was no time, and that we, and by we I meant Wan Ting and me, could present on the following week, instead of today. I felt one of my reasoning thread snapped, but luckily, there was scores of other reasoning threads which controlled my emotions. I mean, what is the use of me wearing the formal attire the whole day, if I'm not going to use it? I pleaded to the lecturer to let us present today, and thankfully, she duly obliged.

But, we had to present in front of K2 + K5. about 40+ people was staring at me the whole presentation. But hey, 40+ is nothing compared to being called up to stage to think of 5 reasons I like Mahathir, ON THE SPOT, WHEN I WAS BARELY NINE. However, I did feel that I didn't presented quite as well as I wanted to, and that I talked quite fast during my presentation. Finishing up my presentation, with Pei Qin and Zhen Hao being my casualties, it was Wan Ting's moment to shine. She talked quite crisp and fluent. Before long, she concluded our presentation, and I was on my way home - taxi with Mei Yan and 2 other unknown.

And when I was back, Low told me to visit one link, which leads to the article below.

No comments: