Friday, September 12, 2008

How to be a liar

Just realized that my blog is too-politically themed. With an anime pic as its header, and the site's name, you just have to believe that it is a more anime-themed blog. But nooooo, there are more posts about politics than about anime. But its just a coincidence! Really! Look, i can even swear by....er....by my new slipper's quality! I'm no liar!

Oh, by the way, my old pair if slippers was stolen around a week ago, or maybe two, or was it three? Can't remember. But my old slippers, yup, the Lee slippers, was gone and MIA for quite some time. And I bought a new one for RM5 as a quick replacement. All I can say is, its a, erm, quite a good bargain. The quality for money is staggering. Again, I'm sorry for the lack of pictures. No pictures of the slippers though.(Hooi dun wanna lend me his camera and me boh lui buy camera) XD

But the pair of RM5 slippers is a story for another day, for today I shall talk about the infamous skill condemned by many, yet is invaluable in all walks of life. Yes, as you could have guessed from the title of this post, I'm talking about lying. Lying is a skill, like slipper-making. But unlike slipper-making, lying is an indispensable skill due to its importance. Why is lying so goddarn important? Because a lot of people utilises this skill to cari makan. Lying is as important to some people as Ashura Strike is important to champs in RO. Imagine a champ not upping his Ashura Strike skill! Or its like watching some Pimre Mnsiietr being consistent and not falling asleep at every turn.

Lying though, is a diverse and multiform skill. Imagine a tree branching out, and you won't be far off. There are different types of lying,a hodgepotch of 'em, and each type has its own specialty.Its like playing Pokemon,where one type of element reigns supreme over one, but loses to another in an endless cycle. Today, I shall be discussing about the varieties of Lies which I have uncovered recently. Also, this be another political post, so steer away if u dislike it and pray that I finish my exam in one piece to enable me to blog about <3

Okay, so first up, we have the typical liar. A liar says one thing and does another. And a typical liar uses more lies to cover up his first lie. I guess I can be labelled a typical liar. Everyday, I wake up and tell myself to study hard, and ended up reading manga, fast forward through some anime episodes, and read anime blogs just because I have no time to really watch animes and had to content myself with reading summaries. And I lie to myself to study tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow..... No wait, I'm just procrastinating,aren't I? (Haha, silly me) Another perfect example would be someone going on national TV and newspapers telling the world they won't increase oil price, at least not in this year, and another guy in his administration told the same newspapers that oil price would not be increased, not until September.

So who's speaking the truth? Apparently, no one as oil price increased several weeks after making their respective statement. This is the so-called typical liars. But like everything else, this type of liar have their own weakness. There is a chinese saying that goes like this "talk more, wrong more" and this is their weakness. Once you lie, you have lie more to ensure nobody discovers your first lie, and you need good management, thinking skill and strategy to continue you lie. If not, you risk exposing your very own lie yourself.

Secondly, there is the swear-by liar. This type of liars are the type that will swear by anything just to prove to others that they are innocent, whereas they are actually evil. Situation 1 : Boy says he loves Girl, and that he would do anything for her. If he lies, may god strike him with lightning. Boy gets Girl. Boy leaves Girl after Boy gg-ed Girl. A typical plot, eh? Situation 2 : A swears by whatever object he can grab that B is evil, malevolent and with malicious intent to kill everyone. All hail swearing, and let's all destroy the courtrooms in favour of swearing~

There is only one weakness you have to fear if you wanna be this type of liar. Fear smart-ass people. They can see through your lies miles away and can thwart you plans as easily as Lelouch killing everyone with his Geass.

Third in the long line of liars is the infamous alibi liars! These type of people fabricate some nicely written stories and use it to lie to everyone. They will start telling stories they pick up out of thin air, hoping everyone buys it. In chinese, there's a term to describe these people, and the term is gong gu, meaning talk nonsense. For instance, A states that B was arrested under some draconian, unfair, unjust law where she would be detained, questioned and most likely thrown behind bars to....wait for it!!.............to PROTECT her.

God, I haven't laugh more in an episode Kyouran Kazoku Nikki. In fact, it nearly gave Stephen Chow a run for his money. Sometimes I wonder why on earth are these people loitering around press conferences instead of under the bridge where they belong. To fight against these type of lie, all you have to do is to take out your thinking cap and start wearing it.








Too bad some of the liars are unlike the two brothers here. Schneizel oozes "lookie-here-im-way-too-hot!" aura whilst Lelouch is too damn smart to be caught lying. But luckily for us commoners who lack the lying skillz, we should be lucky some liars doesn't even have a tenth of the two brothers' ability, lest we be lied to till no end.




There are still many types of lies yet to be described, but I'm at my limit here. Besides, I have written too much boring crap here when I should be studying.

Next up for akuma no mimi, FOC awesome-ness!

No comments: